A switch is a computer networking device that links network segments and or devices such as:
It receives messages from any of its linked devices and transmits them on to the device it was meant for so that networked devices can communicate effectively.
An unmanaged switch needs no configuration and is suitable for domestic networking.
A managed switch can be configured, managed and monitored. It provides greater control over how data travels over the network and who has access to it.
- Network routers allow data packets to traverse across different networks. A router must be connected to at least two networks.
- These networks are commonly referred to as LAN’S and WAN’s
- A LAN is a local area network, whilst a WAN is a wide area network.
- To determine what type of router is best for your application we need to establish the best path for the data to transverse.
- Feel free to contact our office to be put in touch with a pre-sales specialist.